Tipitina’s Music Office Co-Ops are statewide workforce development centers for musicians, filmmakers and other digital media workers in Louisiana. First established in 2003 as a pilot project in New Orleans, the program now operates in five Louisiana cities including New Orleans, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Shreveport and Monroe. Tipitina’s Music Office Co-Ops are coming soon to Baton Rouge and Lafayette.
For those who cannot afford, or do not otherwise have access to them, the Co-Ops offer:
- Presonus Studio One, Digidesign Pro Tools and Apple Garageband audio software
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Apple Final Cut Pro video editing
- On-site technical support
- Access to our network of music business professionals
- Classes and Workshops to foster business development
- Tutorials on basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, page layout, web design, and press kit creation.
- Windows and Mac computers
- High-speed Internet, Laser printer and Scanner, Telephone and Fax
- Web design & Page layout tools
- Volunteer production assistance
- A clean, well-lit, ergonomic workspace
- An ever-growing library of specialized information resources
- Free hearing screening for local musicians
- ELLA Project: A pro-bono music business legal assistance program led by top entertainment business attorney, Ashlye Keaton, that has helped hundreds of local artists secure and protect their intellectual property and resolve contractual issues.